Last Updated: December 10, 2021
Point-Productions, LLC, (including eLearning platforms, such as but not limited to CadaDiaSpanish, CadaDiaEnglish, APRPREP, Online2Learn) is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of any personal information that we collect about you while you access or use our services. This includes our website located at Point-Productions eLearning Programs, and the Point-Productions, LLC on the Apple iTunes, or Google Play app stores.
The Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, our website, and our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to us through the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, our website, or our services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any personal information through the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, our website, or our services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, we will delete it. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about someone under the age of 18, please contact us at Support@Point-Productions.com with the title “Underage user”.
We do not sell any of the personal information that we collect.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. With respect to California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Voluntarily Provide. We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through registration, or when you use of any of the features available on the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, or when you visit our website at point-productions.com. This may include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, photos, location, bio, ethnicity, school, occupation, email notification settings, push notification settings, online status, blocked users, chat messages (text, audio, video, or photo), public posts (text, audio, video, or photo), reason for deactivation, or phone number.
If you contact our support team using the email address Support@Point-Productions.com, or the support or feedback options located in the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, we collect your email address and the content of the email that you send to us. You may be requested by our support team to submit a debug log to troubleshoot an issue. The debug log collects information with regards to the last 500 errors, or interactions, you made in the app. Debug file information also includes network information, device information, and app version number.
You may choose to submit a Success Story to us to display on our website and in the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs. If you submit a Success Story you will be asked to provide a photo, a brief story, and the names of you and your significant other. We will maintain a record of your Success Story until you request us to delete it. You may request us to delete your Success Story at any time by sending an email to Support@Point-Productions.com with the title “Success Story deletion request”.
We recommend and encourage you to think carefully about the personal information you disclose about yourself to other users. We do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card or other financial details, national identity numbers, drivers’ licence details or other sensitive information on your profile or in a chat message since such information may be open to abuse and misuse.
While you may voluntarily provide us with sensitive information about yourself such as your ethnicity, personal interests, religion or other sensitive information there is no requirement to do so. Photos and videos that you post may also reveal more detailed information about yourself or your location. You should be cautious and review any photos or videos you choose to post. Where you choose to post sensitive personal information about yourself the information you share is at your own risk.
- Information We Automatically Collect. When you use the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, we automatically collect and store certain information about your mobile device, location, and your activities within the app. This information includes type of device (model and manufacturer), operating system and version number, app version number, device ID, advertising ID (e.g., Android Advertising Identifier or Advertising Identifier for iOS), IP address, browser type, network type (WiFi or cellular), mobile service provider, internet service provider (ISP), time zone, language, and the date and time you accessed our services.
We may also include your GPS location (if you allowed location services), and/or location data derived from your IP address, such as postal code, city, state, and country. Your Facebook access token and/or Facebook user ID (if you registered or connected to your Facebook account), as well as, your Snapchat external ID (if you registered with Snapchat) may also be included.
If you clicked on a Point-Productions, LLCad, which ad you clicked on, the date and time you clicked on the ad, and what ad network that ad was displayed on will be included. If you made a purchase in the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs we record what product you purchased, the quantity purchased, the price of the product, the date and time the purchase was made, and the expiry time of the purchase (if applicable). Apple will provide us with a unique transaction ID, the subscription status, the payment status, and reason for subscription cancellation (if applicable). Google will provide us with a unique order ID, the subscription status, the payment status, and reason for subscription cancellation (if applicable). Neither Apple nor Google provide us with any personal information from your Apple iTunes or Google Play account.
As you use the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs we also collect data with regards to your actions within the app. This data may include the date, time, and location you opened the app, content you have liked or disliked, content you have shared and which third party networks you have shared the content to (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.), dates you have requested, confirmed, or cancelled, mixers you have created, joined, or left, if you have read, or deleted any messages, any changes made to your profile or account settings, and the date and time you deactivated your account.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to provide our services;
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your Point-Productions, LLCaccount;
- Display your profile and content to other Point-Productions, LLCusers so that you may interact with each other;
- Enable, or add, any in-app purchase products to your Point-Productions, LLCaccount;
- Provide customer support, respond to your inquiries, troubleshoot issues, manage our services, and respond to requests, questions, and/or comments;
- Communicate with you about our services, including notifications based on your account settings, service announcements and/or administrative messages;
- Help us better understand how our services are being used by identifying patterns and trends in usage, so that we are able to better design the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs and our services, and improve your experience on Clover;
- Identify and fix technical errors;
- If you participate in a Sweepstakes, to provide the Sweepstakes to you, and notify you if you are the winner, additionally if you win, to send you the applicable prize, and to comply with applicable financial and tax laws and regulations;
- Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, our website, databases and services, and prevent, detect, identify, investigate, or respond to, potential or actual, claims, liabilities, criminal activity, fraud or malicious activity;
- For testing, research, analytics, and product development, including to develop and improve the Point-Productions, LLC eLearning Programs, website, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Point-Productions, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Point-Productions, LLCInc. about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to a third party such as an affiliate, or a service provider, for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Although we use administrative, physical, and technical measures, which are consistent with industry recognized standards, to help protect the personal information you submit via our services from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email or mobile application transmission or method of electronic storage is ever fully secure or error free. You should use caution whenever submitting personal information through our services and take special care in deciding which personal information you provide us with.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Respond To Legal Requests or Prevent Harm?
We access, preserve and share your personal information with regulators, law enforcement or others in response to a legal request, such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
We will also access, preserve or share your personal information with regulators, law enforcement or others if we have a good-faith belief it is necessary in order to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of our services, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- How To Contact Us
1712 Main Street #218
Kansas City, MO 64108
Attention: Privacy Officer